Alterations & Improvements

All tenants have the right to make alterations to their home provided they have received all the necessary consents (e.g. from Fife Council, the Association and from neighbours), and providing that the work is carried out and maintained to a reasonable standard.These are some of the types of alterations/improvements referred to but this list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure at all, please contact the Association where someone will advise you accordingly:

• Alter, improve, or enlarge the house, fittings or fixtures;

• Add new fixtures or fittings (for example kitchen or bathroom installations, central heating or other fixed heaters, double glazing, or any kind of external aerial or satellite dish);

• Apply artex finish;

• Fit laminate flooring;

• Put up a garage, shed or other structure;

• Decorate the outside of the house

You should put your request for permission in writing (email is acceptable) and you must get our written permission prior to carrying out any alteration or improvement.

Contact us

28 Heimdal Gardens
Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 6TZ

Telephone: 01592 621188
Fax: 01592 621199

Office Opening Hours:
Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm

Legal notice

Financial Services Authority Reg No. 2435R(S)
Scottish Housing Regulator Reg No. HAL267
Scottish Charity No. SC031874

Follow us