Reporting your repair
OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY NUMBERS:
Weekdays – Monday–Thursday 5pm – 9am,
Weekends – Friday 4pm – Monday 9am
Gas Heating Repairs – 0800 3899463
All Other Repairs – 07960633999
What is required to report a repair?
• Exact details of the problem
• Access arrangements for the contractor
• Your telephone number
Please ensure that repairs are reported promptly wherever possible, preferably first thing in the morning. When the details of your repair have been noted, we will decide the priority of the job which then dictates how long the contractor has to complete the work.
How long will my repair take?
Emergency – Aim to attend and make safe within 4 hours
Urgent – Attend within 3 working days
Routine – Attend within 10 working days
What is classed as an emergency?
• Serious water leaks
• Total lack of power supply
• Total lack of water supply
• Blocked toilet (if only toilet in the property)
• Blocked drains (if there is damage being caused or a health & safety risk)
• Broken windows
• Insecure property
• Dangerous walls, fences, roofs, gutters etc
• No heating (if children under 5, elderly or disabled)
(if gas heating refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
• Gas leaks
• Faulty smoke alarm (unless it can be determined low battery warning)
What is classed as urgent?
• Leaks (if minor and can be controlled)
• Partial loss of water supply
• Cistern not flushing
• Choked bath, wash hand basin, sink
• Choked external drain
• Faulty yale lock (where mortice also exists)
• Broken door entry system
• Faulty light switch, socket or pendant
• No heating (if gas heating refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
• No hot water (if gas refer to Gas Maintenance leaflet for details)
• Faulty communal stair lighting
An adaptation is a permanent change that is made to your home to make it easier for you to live there. To be eligible for an adaptation you will normally have a disability or need the adaptation to assist your independent living.To qualify, you need to be a Glen Housing Association tenant and have been seen by an Occupational Therapist. They can be contacted on the Fife Council number 03451 555555. Once you have been visited by the Occupational Therapist and had your need assessed, they will contact us to carry out any works deemed necessary.
Glen Housing Association receives a grant from the Scottish Government to help pay for adaptations that have been recommended by an Occupational Therapist.
Please note – if Scottish Government funding is not available, we may not be able to carry out all adaptations. Please contact the office should you wish more information.
Right to repair scheme
28 Heimdal Gardens
Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 6TZ
Telephone: 01592 621188
Fax: 01592 621199
Office Opening Hours:
Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm
Financial Services Authority Reg No. 2435R(S)
Scottish Housing Regulator Reg No. HAL267
Scottish Charity No. SC031874