Glen Housing Association is a registered social landlord providing affordable homes for rent. The Association owns and manages approximately 475 homes in North Glenrothes, Milton of Balgonie, Windygates and the Levenmouth area of Fife.
Glen Housing Association was established in 1998 following the merger of Collydean Community Housing Association and Glenfield Housing Association, which were both formed originally in 1993. We aim to:
• Be open, accountable and approachable
• Provide high-quality housing management and maintenance services for our tenants
• Be recognised as a beacon of good practice, in particular for smaller housing organisations
• Actively participate in partnership working for the benefit of the communities we work in
Mission Vision and Strategic Objectives
Our Mission is to provide affordable, quality housing, working in partnership to strengthen communities and meet their need.
Our Vision is to be a strong and growing business, meeting housing need by providing more houses, valued services and community benefit.
Our Values underpin all our activities, working practices and strategies.
Integrity – we strive to promote a culture of honesty
Responsibility – we all take responsibility for our actions
Customer focused – we work hard to understand what our customers need and strive to provide our service accordingly
Enabling – we encourage collaborative teamwork to strive towards excellence and innovation in providing our services
Accountability – we are open and clear about what we do and how we do it
Respect – we are all equal and different and aim to understand people as individuals and treat them with dignity
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES : 2017 – 2020
1. To maximise the fundability of Glen HA through robust approach to business planning.
- To consider a rental strategy of RPI +3% per annum for 5 years from 2018/19
- To implement £76k of revenue savings from 2018/19
- To implement robust policies and procedures on arrears control
- To continue to mitigate the effects of Welfare Reform
2. To build a sustainable investment programme to protect the quality of Glen HA asset base.
- Ensure Glen HA homes are well maintained
- Develop a Planned Maintenance Programme to maintain quality and seek further value for money savings
- Ensure Glen HA Homes are efficient to heat and meet the Energy Efficiency standards
3. To continuously improve Glen HA’s frontline services
- Find out from tenants what they want from us and use this information to signpost service improvements.
- Support and encourage Staff and Board Members to fulfil their potential
- Make best use of our resources and use them to benefit our tenants by benchmarking and reviewing value for money.
- Use Complaints, compliments and suggestions to improve services
4.To develop a growth strategy to boost Glen’s business capacity, meet housing need and deliver community benefit
- Seek opportunities for meeting our aspirations to address housing need in the Glenrothes and Levenmouth areas
- Work with local groups/people to support community development and continue to alleviate inequality
28 Heimdal Gardens
Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 6TZ
Telephone: 01592 621188
Fax: 01592 621199
Office Opening Hours:
Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm
Financial Services Authority Reg No. 2435R(S)
Scottish Housing Regulator Reg No. HAL267
Scottish Charity No. SC031874